Due to the current human coronavirus outbreak, we have made changes to protect you, our team, and the community, and to prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2. During this time, we are still open for appointments and for picking up prescriptions. We will continue to abide by these protocols until public health officials tell us we can relax them.
While you are in the building, please wear a mask. The Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2 can be transmitted by and to any individual, including those already vaccinated.
- Please call ahead for us to get your prescription ready.
- When you arrive, you can come inside to check out in the lobby, or we can check out over the phone and bring it out to you if you prefer.
- When you arrive, please call and let us know you're here. We'll let you know if the waiting room is empty for you to come in.
- We will bring you and your animal back to an exam room. Please wear your mask for the whole appointment.
- When the appointment is finished, we will let you know that you are ready to check out and can finish at the front desk.
- If you would prefer to wait in your car for the appointment, we do ask that you bring your animal into the waiting room for their safety. If you're uncomfortable with coming inside, please let us know, and we will come out to your car. Dr. Robertson can talk to you over the phone or in the lobby if you choose this option.
There are currently no confirmed instances of SARS-CoV-2 transmitting from dogs or cats to humans, although there have been cases of humans transmitting it to their pets.
For more information, the American Veterinary Medical Association has created a list of FAQs. The CDC has also published a resource.
Thank you, and stay well,
Alexander at the Park Veterinary Hospital